Home Message From the Sheriff Press Releases Contact Us
Putnam County Sheriff's Office
Sign Up for Alerts
Most Wanted Sex Offenders Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions

Handgun Carry:

 Q.  If I live in another county can I still apply for my handgun carry license in Putnam County?

A.    The handgun carry license must be applied for in the county of your permanent residence.

Q.   I  was a resident of another county and have a license from that county that is good for two more years but now I've moved to Putnam County. What do I need to do?

A.   Your license from the other county is still valid; when it is time for it to expire, you will need to apply in Putnam County or your county of residence at that time.

Q.   When I renew my handgun carry license after five years will I have to redo my  fingerprints?

A.   No, you do not have to redo your fingerprints when renewing a valid Georgia license.

More information about handgun carry licenses can be found at: http://putnamprobate.com/licenses.php



State and Superior Court Questions:

 QWhere do I pay my Putnam County Traffic Ticket?

A.  General information  regarding traffic citations and where to pay your ticket can be found at: http://putnamcourtclerk.org/state-court


Q. How much is my fine?

A. You must call the State Court office at (706) 485-4056 to get this information.


Other general information about State and Superior Court in Putnam County can be found at http://www.putnamcourtclerk.org



Warrants and Civil

Q. How do I evict someone?

A. Contact the Magistrate Court for instructions (706) 485-4306. 



Accident or Incident Reports

Q. How do I get a copy of a car accident report or an incident report?

A. Car Accident Report Open Records Fill and Sign.pdf or Incident Report Open Records Fill and Sign.pdf fill out form and sign then save to your computer and email it to records@putnamcountysheriff.org and when your request is ready we will email the report to you.  You can also come by the Sheriff's Office and fill out the Open Records Request and we will call you when your request is ready.




Crime Tips HOTline - Submit via Email - click here
Emergency - Dial 911 - Phone 706-485-8557 (24 hours)